- Inspirational Breakfast
Weekdays 7.00am - 10.00am
Kick start your day and join John Pantry and Nage every weekday morning for big name guests, great music and news from a Christian perspective.
It's your show so get in touch with questions for all our top daily guests plus birthday messages, prayer requests, song dedications - or whatever! Call 08450 21 21 21, text 66777 (first word PREMIER - you will be charged your standard network rate), email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us on @premierradio anytime.
Special programme: Hearing from God
Prayer is both the most exhilarating and most frustrating experience in life. When God answers our prayers it's a feeling like nothing else. But it’s frustrating when we don’t hear from Him. But does it mean that God is on mute? Inspirational Breakfast producer Lisa Mainwaring brings you this documentary on praying and hearing God’s voice - an insight into how to hear, interpret and understand God’s will.
Hearing from God
Proud sponsors of the 8am-9am hour of Inspirational Breakfast.
This week on the show
MON 9 DEC: The season of goodwill to all men is often associated with food aplenty isn’t it? So it’s probably surprising for you to hear that many thousands in the UK this Christmas will go hungry. Hunger is something we usually associate with developing countries. We’ve grown accustomed to seeing regular appeals for aid to provide food for those afflicted by famine and war. Yet now shoppers in supermarkets are now being asked to donate items, not for victims of famine overseas, but for hungry mouths here in the UK. A question we must ask is why is this happening? What can we do? KATE TRAYNOR, a Project Worker from Children in URBan Situations (Curbs), will be joining us. Psalm 44; Matthew 14: 1 – 12
TUE 10 DEC: This month The Bible series is being aired on television. It amassed over a hundred million viewers when it aired in the US earlier in the year, and is already a hit here in Blighty with Christians and non-Christians alike. Last week on the show we tackled ‘speaking in tongues’ - today we’re doing a Bible-busting show with renowned theologian Dr DEREK TIDBALL. So if there’s a question about the Bible you’ve always wanted to ask – get in touch in our special phone-in show. Psalm 56; Matthew 14: 13 – end
series is on Channel 5 at 9pm every Saturday night until Christmas
WED 11 DEC: JO NAUGHTON - pastor, agony aunt and author of Dreamstealers - will be here taking your calls. Psalm 62; Matthew 15: 1 – 20
THU 12 DEC: It’s that time of the month when we find out what’s hot and what’s not in the world of movies - so if you’re wondering what to see at the flicks this weekend make sure you listen in to Film Thursday. To guide us through the latest big releases - and identify any unexpected biblical themes - we’ll be joined by our resident film buff Rev SIMON CARVER. Plus we’ll be crossing over live to Cardiff to the organisers of the Salvation Army Christmas Carol Concert in Cardiff. Psalm 53; Matthew 15: 21 – 28
FRI 13 DEC: It's Give Thanks Friday as we celebrate God's goodness together, so get ready to share your good news stories from the week as an encouragement to others. Psalm 85; Matthew 15: 29 – end
Click here to watch interviews with big names - like Hollywood legend Martin Sheen & The X Factor star Jahmene - who've dropped by the studio.
Check out our star-studded guest gallery to see who's been dropping by the breakfast studio...
Listen On Demand
- People listen to my song when they're dying - 5 Dec 2013Two-times Grammy Award winner, Matt Redman, popped by for some Christmas cheer, but why did he begin by telling us of a trend, about people listening to his song, 10,000 Reasons, when they are dying? He then lifted our spirits with personal Christmas stories of yesteryear and details of where he'll be touring in 2014.
- Speaking in Tongues was for Biblical times - 4 Dec 2013The Gifts of the Spirit that we read about in Acts, include the gift of speaking in tongues, but how do you get this gift and why does it sound like senseless jibberish?? John Ryeland, Director of The Christian Healing Mission, squashes the myths and explains why the gift of tongues is just as valid today as it was 2000 years ago.
- 11 year choir boy Jack Topping targets Christmas No.1 - 3 Dec 2013Jack Topping is another hopeful in the running for this year's Christmas number one and caught up with John & Nage.
- The Bible TV series reviewed - 28 Nov 2013This weekend sees the much-anticipated launch of new epic TV mini-series - The Bible - running every Saturday night on Channel 5 right up to Christmas. The show has already been nominated for an Emmy award, and has a very distinguished cast including Nonso Anozie, originally from north London, who began his career playing King Lear with the RSC at the Old Vic. Premier's Movie Reviewer Simon Carver tells us what to expect.
- Finding true Happiness this advent - 27 Nov 2013It’s supposed to be the season of goodwill, but when it comes to Christmas adverts the battle lines have been drawn. From fairy-tale fantasy, to homely images of nostalgia – we’re all being force fed a perfect cuddly world and a skewed image of happiness. It’s no wonder that many people feel a little low this time of year, if they think their life doesn’t match the fantasy. Premier’s Success coach, PAD, helps you alter your point of view and avoid the traps of believing in the messages that retailers pump out.