Data Processing Assistant
Based in Premier’s Crowborough Office, you will import and export supporter data and assist in other tasks that require your technical knowledge. You’ll have the opportunity to work in multiple databases and use your excellent Excel skills to support the wider database team. You’ll liaise closely with your peer, the Data Processing Officer, who will guide your learning and help you problem solve any challenges that arise.
- Importing gifts received from multiple sources into our fundraising Database, Raiser’s Edge. This will involve downloading and cleaning spreadsheets in Excel using formulas including V-Lookup.
- Download call outcome data from our Telemarketing Database and use import templates to run updates in Raiser’s Edge such as address changes, updated consent, and results of the call (imports created by London database team).
- Take the lead on routine team tasks that require more technical skill and data manipulation.
- Perform monthly reports and extractions in our Magazine database, Myriad. Update Raiser’s Edge with Myriad information and vice versa, ensuring both databases are kept up to date.
- Perform routine data cleansing tasks, such as merging duplicate records, running address updates and queries to identify data entry errors.
- Support the team in grasping new or changed procedures established by the Database Manager (in London) and/or the Team Leader (in Crowborough).
- Respond to one-off requests and queries which might involve querying and compiling information from multiple databases.
- Appropriately ensuring routine tasks for periods of absence (such as holidays) are covered by peers to ensure deadlines are met and work continues as normal.
- As a member of the team, you will learn and participate in all administrative team tasks, such as answering phones and sharing in office rotas.
This job description is not exhaustive. It merely acts as a guide and may be amended to meet the changing requirements at any time, after discussion with the post holder.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a similar database role preferred.
- Experience using a CRM database is essential.
- Advanced Excel skills and use of formulas to clean and prepare data files.
- Previous experience importing and exporting data from a CRM Database preferred.
ABILITIES & SKILLS
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to learn new processes and systems quickly.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to adapt to new challenges and find solutions to problems.
- Good analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proven time-management and organisational skills.
- Good oral and verbal communication skills.
- Works with a high-level of ownership and takes personal responsibility for completing tasks on time.
- Can be relied upon to perform appropriate checks to ensure accuracy.
- Able to work with clarity of thinking under pressure.
- A lively, flexible, friendly personality with a high level of commitment and dedication.
- A team player who cares about helping others.
- Able to work responsibly without close supervision.
- The post-holder will need to be well presented and dedicated.
- The post-holder will work in a Christian environment and will deal with Christian organisations and Ministries for most of the time, therefore it will be necessary to have respect and sympathy with the Christian faith and its values.
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00am – 5:00pm (35 hours pw)
REPORTING TO: Team Leader, Database and Administration
SALARY: £21,000pa - £24,000pa (depending on skills and experience)
Closing date: 28th June 2019
To download the full job description, click here.
To apply for this role, fill in the form below:
Due to the number of applications we receive we cannot reply to unsuccessful candidates, therefore, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please accept that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Premier reserves the right to conduct interviews before the closing date for application.