To enable people to put their faith at the heart of daily life and to bring Christ to their communities.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Database Manager will support the Head of Data Management by taking ownership over the structure, maintenance and use of Premier’s main fundraising database, Raiser’s Edge. You will be the key decision-maker for where information is held, influence data capture and management of other databases to ensure smooth processing into and out of Raiser’s Edge. You will offer training and support to ensure others are extracting, entering, and importing data appropriately.
- Ensure Raiser’s Edge is structured so that Premier is able to maximize data for fundraising purposes.
- Create the appropriate categories, processes, and procedures for others to use, e.g. setting up Appeal IDs, and Action Imports.
- Assist in managing data within Premier’s Telemarketing Database, FiveCRM.
- Create templates for importing and exporting data from websites and other sources, such as FiveCRM.
- Influence data capture for easy import into Raiser’s Edge.
- Maintains documentation for internal use of Raiser’s Edge fields.
- Training new and existing staff in the use of Raiser’s Edge
- Supports others regarding our database by answering queries, setting up dashboards and providing one-off reports.
- Ensures the completion of routine data extractions from Raiser’s Edge either by completing the tasks or delegating to the Database Officer. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Direct Mail segmentation and extraction.
- Event Invitation extractions, importing event registrations
- Telemarketing Data files and post call updates.
- Importing data from marketing activities, e.g. people who downloaded an eBook on our website.
- Data cleansing and hygiene tasks, de-duplication of records.
This job description is not exhaustive. It merely acts as a guide and may be amended to meet the changing requirements at any time, after discussion with the post holder.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years previous experience in a similar role.
- Excellent understanding and experience of using Raisers Edge (desirable) or other similar fundraising system (essential).
- Knowledge and experience of Data Protection legislation and implementation.
- Advanced skills in Excel (e.g. Vlookup, pivot tables).
ABILITIES & SKILLS
- High attention to detail.
- High quality of written work.
- Have a high degree of accuracy and speed.
- Able to learn new processes and systems quickly.
- Willingness to adapt to new challenges and find solutions to problems
- Good analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proven administration, multi-tasking, prioritising and organisational skills.
- Good oral and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work with clarity of thinking under pressure.
- A lively, flexible, friendly personality with a high level of commitment and dedication.
- A team worker.
- The post-holder should be able to work responsibly without close supervision and have a flexible approach
- The post-holder will need to be well presented and dedicated.
- The post-holder will work in a Christian environment and will deal with Christian organisations and Ministries for most of the time, therefore it will be necessary to have respect and sympathy with the Christian faith and its values.
LOCATION: London (SW1P)
HOURS OF WORK: 9:15am – 5:15pm (35 hours pw)
SALARY: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
REPORTING TO: Head of Data Management
Closing date: 10th December 2018
Due to the number of applications we receive we cannot reply to unsuccessful candidates, therefore, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please accept that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Premier reserves the right to conduct interviews before the closing date for application
To apply please fill in the form below: