To enable people to put their faith at the heart of daily life and to bring Christ to their communities.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Database Manager will support the Director of Data Management by taking ownership over the structure, maintenance and use of Premier’s main fundraising database, Raiser’s Edge and Premier’s Telemarketing database, FiveCRM. You will engage with others across the organisation, ensuring all Fundraising and Marketing data files are delivered accurately and on time. You will be the key decision-maker for how data should be processed in Raiser’s Edge and FiveCRM, creating procedures and training new users. Working alongside the Data Systems Manager and Data Information Officer, you’ll also problem-solve and create solutions for data management challenges across all of Premier’s databases including the Magazine, Content, Sales, and Email databases.
- Ensure Raiser’s Edge is being used in the most efficient way possible, changing data entry or gift processing procedures to increase efficiency.
- Ensure all supporter engagement is recorded on Raiser’s Edge in a way that is useful for reporting and fundraising.
- Create the appropriate categories, processes, and procedures for others to use, e.g. setting up Appeal Records and updating Tables in Raiser’s Edge, or creating Projects in FiveCRM.
- Create and maintain data importing and exporting templates to move data into our databases and/or from one database to another, automating as much as possible.
- Influence data capture to increase data quality, ease of importing and prevention of duplicate records.
- Maintains definition documentation for internal use of Raiser’s Edge fields.
- Training new and existing staff in the use of Raiser’s Edge
- Supports others regarding our database by answering queries, setting up dashboards, and providing one-off reports.
- Manages logins and security access for Raiser’s Edge and FiveCRM users.
- Identifies and performs data cleansing tasks such as standardising addresses, phone numbers, titles, postcode regions, and de-duplication of records within Raiser’s Edge and FiveCRM
- Ensures the completion of routine data extractions from Raiser’s Edge either by completing the tasks or delegating to others.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Direct Mail segmentation and extraction.
- Event Invitation extractions, importing event registrations
- Telemarketing Data files and updates.
- Importing data from marketing activities, e.g. people who downloaded an eBook on our website.
Premier’s Database team is split over two locations: London office leads on data management, Crowborough office leads on gift processing and donor response. While this post is based in London, occasional travel to the Crowborough office will be required.
This job description is not exhaustive. It merely acts as a guide and may be amended to meet the changing requirements at any time, after discussion with the post holder.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years previous experience in a similar role.
- Excellent understanding and experience of using Raisers Edge (desirable) or other similar fundraising system (essential).
- Knowledge and experience of Data Protection legislation and implementation.
- Advanced skills in Excel (e.g. Vlookup, pivot tables).
ABILITIES & SKILLS
- High attention to detail.
- High quality of written work.
- Have a high degree of accuracy and speed.
- Able to learn new processes and systems quickly.
- Willingness to adapt to new challenges and find solutions to problems
- Good analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proven administration, multi-tasking, prioritising and organisational skills.
- Good oral and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work with clarity of thinking under pressure.
- A lively, flexible, friendly personality with a high level of commitment and dedication.
- A team worker.
- The post-holder should be able to work responsibly without close supervision and have a flexible approach
- The post-holder will need to be well presented and dedicated.
- The post-holder will work in a Christian environment and will deal with Christian organisations and Ministries for most of the time, therefore it will be necessary to have respect and sympathy with the Christian faith and its values.
LOCATION: London (SW1P)
HOURS OF WORK: 9:15am – 5:15pm (35 hours pw)
REPORTING TO: Director of Data Management
Closing Date 20th March
Due to the number of applications we receive we cannot reply to unsuccessful candidates, therefore, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please accept that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Premier reserves the right to conduct interviews before the closing date for application.
To apply please fill in the form below: