To enable people to put their faith at the heart of daily life and to bring Christ to their communities.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Database Officer will support the Director of Data Management by taking the lead on organising and fulfilling operational data extractions and imports. You will play an active role in the life of Premier by engaging with others across the organisation, assisting them with queries, documenting procedure changes and helping new starters learn how to use our databases. While you will work mostly in our Fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge) and our Telemarketing database (FiveCRM), you will have opportunities to learn aspects of our Magazine, Content, Email and Sales databases via special projects.
• Fulfills routine data extractions for activities such as:
o Monthly Direct Mail Appeals
o Event Invitation extractions, importing event registrations
o Monthly Telemarketing Data files and post call updates.
o Importing data from marketing activities, e.g. people who downloaded an eBook on our website.
• Full-cycle data management for various projects. For example:
o Liaising with the Marketing team to download data collected from websites and other acquisition sources, such as Facebook.
o Cleaning and importing this data into Raiser’s Edge, TPS screening phone numbers if they exist.
o Liaise with Fundraising team to understand and complete next Fundraising steps – often data is then exported and loaded for calling.
o Notify Telemarketing supervisors once the data is loaded for calling
• Creates needed records and fields in Raiser’s Edge, e.g. setting up Appeal Records for Direct Mail, creating new Action fields for different activities.
• Supports others with the Raiser’s Edge database by creating logins, documenting procedures, communicating changes and helping new users understand how Premier uses Raiser’s Edge.
• Works with Data Systems Manager and Head of Data Management to problem-solve complex data processes and helps create and maintain solutions.
• Works to streamline processing procedures used by others to ensure data is managed and entered in the most efficient way possible.
• May travel occasionally to Premier’s second office in Crowborough to observe, improve and train the Database and Administration team.
This job description is not exhaustive. It merely acts as a guide and may be amended to meet the changing requirements at any time, after discussion with the post holder.
Premier’s Database team is split over two locations: London office leads on data management and decision-making, Crowborough Office leads on gift processing and donor response.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Two year experience in a similar role preferred.
- Understanding and experience with Raisers Edge (desirable) or other similar fundraising system (essential).
- Advanced skills in Excel (e.g. Vlookup, pivot tables).
- Experience importing and exporting data (essential)
ABILITIES & SKILLS
- Highly organised and great attention to detail.
- Able to anticipate and prioritise.
- Have a high degree of accuracy and speed.
- Able to learn new processes and systems quickly.
- Willingness to adapt to new challenges and find solutions to problems
- Good analytical and quantitative skills.
- Good oral and verbal communication skills.
- A lively, flexible, friendly personality with a high level of commitment and dedication.
- Able to work with clarity of thinking under pressure.
- A team player and able to think about the whole.
- The post-holder should be able to work responsibly without close supervision and take initiative and ownership over tasks.
- The post-holder will need to be well presented and dedicated.
- The post-holder will work in a Christian environment. Therefore it will be necessary for the post-holder to have respect for the Christian faith, its values and be in sympathy with our organisational aims.
LOCATION: London (SW1P)
HOURS OF WORK: 9:15am – 5:15pm (35 hours pw)
CONTRACT: 3 months with possibility to extend
REPORTING TO: Director of Data Management
Closing Date 20th March
Due to the number of applications we receive we cannot reply to unsuccessful candidates, therefore, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please accept that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Premier reserves the right to conduct interviews before the closing date for application.
To apply please fill in the form below: