To enable people to put their faith at the heart of daily life and to bring Christ to their communities.
LOCATION: London (SW1P)
HOURS OF WORK: 9:15am – 5:15pm (35 hours pw)
REPORTING TO: Database Manager
Are you someone who can intuitively understand data systems, processes and how each piece fits together? Are you interested in complex problem-solving, pay close attention to details and are an excel expert? Have others commented on how quickly you can learn data systems and procedures?
Working closely with the Database Manager, you’ll lead on data segmentation for mail and outbound calling and help maintain Premier’s databases. You will work mostly in Premier’s fundraising database, Raiser’s Edge and telemarketing database, FiveCRM. However, you’ll be able to help problem-solve and create solutions across all of Premier’s databases including the Magazine, Content, Sales, and Email databases.
• You will assemble monthly a Direct Mail file that combines a list generated from a Predictive Model (that uses Artificial Intelligence) and people who have recently engaged with Premier–you are welcome to raise any other opportunities you see within the data to help get the best result.
• Putting together our quarterly Voice of Hope devotional mailing list, you’ll use a combination of a traditional data segmentation as well as a subscription-based model.
• You will be able to manage the Direct Mail data process full-cycle – from file preparation to the final approval of how the data is applied on the Fundraising letter.
• By preparing and loading telemarketing data files you will:
o Learn and implement Telemarketing data best practices
o Support a team of 10 outbound callers, two supervisors and a manager working from Premier’s Crowborough office.
o Import donor engagement points and the outbound calling activity onto donor records
o Contribute with ideas and spot opportunities to improve calling data
o Bring files together that require your careful attention to detail and your ability to adjust to evolving fundraising campaigns.
o Work with a variety of different types of calling files.
• Premier is a dynamic Christian Media organisation that responds to current events. Therefore, when campaigns launch or requirements change, you will be able to be part of the team that makes the solutions.
• You will also pull bespoke data files for the Major Donor Fundraising team which often involve multiple stages of engagement via post, phone and/or email and people who have committed to a Major Giving “Pledge” Programme.
• You will help ensure all of the points of engagement are recorded on Raiser’s Edge, such as eBook downloads, petition signups, or event ticket purchases. In doing so, you are also positioned to see if there are any gaps in follow up communication or spot other opportunities – your insight is valued and welcome.
• Assisting the Database Manager, you will help maintain the health of Raiser’s Edge and other databases by performing data cleansing and hygiene tasks, de-duplication of records, and running updates from data cleansing services.
Premier’s Database team is split over two locations: London office leads on data management, Crowborough office leads on gift processing and donor response. While this post is based in London, occasional travel to the Crowborough office may be required.
This job description is not exhaustive. It merely acts as a guide and may be amended to meet the changing requirements at any time, after discussion with the post holder.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Either experience working with complex data systems or experience working in a complex, changing environment.
• Excellent understanding and experience of using Raisers Edge (desirable) or other similar fundraising system (essential).
• Advanced skills in Excel (e.g. vlookup, pivot tables).
ABILITIES & SKILLS
• You are a natural at understanding data systems and seeing how all the pieces fit into the whole. Therefore when one thing changes, it’s easy for you to see what other things need to change as a result.
• Although you might complete detailed steps in a procedure, you are mindful of the whole process and what you’re trying to achieve.
• Excellent time-management and organisational skills
• You are detail-oriented, but can also see the big picture.
• You have strong analytical and quantitative skills.
• You’re able to prioritise tasks and complete work with efficiency.
• You understand the purpose of what Premier is trying to achieve and you are happy to offer suggestions and to work towards this purpose.
• You enjoy challenges, like to problem-solve and to learn new skills.
• You would rather be busy on a job than board.
• You are curious and like to understand how things work.
• You want to learn and grow and can pick up new processes and systems quickly.
• You’re able to work with clarity of thinking under pressure and are conscious of deadlines.
• Able to creatively problem-solve around data management challenges.
• A lively, flexible, friendly personality with a high level of commitment and dedication.
• A team player who wants others to succeed.
• You can work responsibly without close supervision
• The post-holder will need to be well presented and dedicated.
• The post-holder will abide by the organisational Health & Safety and Equal Opportunity Policy at all times.
• The post-holder will work in a Christian environment, therefore it will be necessary to have respect and sympathy with the Christian faith and its values.
To download the job description click here
To apply for this role, fill in the form below:
Due to the number of applications we receive we cannot reply to unsuccessful candidates, therefore, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please accept that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Premier reserves the right to conduct interviews before the closing date for application.