To enable people to put their faith at the heart of daily life and to bring Christ to their communities.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
Based in Premier’s Crowborough Office, you will take the lead on importing and exporting gifts and updates as well as assist in other tasks that require your technical knowledge. You’ll have the opportunity to work in multiple databases and use your excellent Excel skills to help the wider database team streamline their procedures too. You’ll liaise closely with the Database Manager and Data Officer based in London, who will be your peers and co-problem solvers for any challenges that arise.
- Importing gifts received from multiple sources into our fundraising Database, Raiser’s Edge. You will download and clean spreadsheets in Excel and use a series of V-Lookups to carefully identify existing donors prior to importing.
- Upload data into our Telemarketing Database for outbound calling and perform record updates as necessary.
- Download call outcome data from our Telemarketing Database and uses import templates to run updates in Raiser’s Edge such as address changes, updated consent, and results of the call (imports created by London database team).
- Help the Database and Administration team use databases and software (in particular Excel) in the most efficient way possible.
- Perform monthly reports and extractions in our Magazine database, Myriad. Update Raiser’s Edge with Myriad information and vice versa, ensuring both databases are kept up to date.
- Work closely with the Database Manager and Team Leader to help monitor and identify data entry errors.
- Support the team in grasping new or changed procedures established by the Database Manager (in London) and/or the Team Leader (in Crowborough).
- Respond to one-off requests and queries which might involve querying and compiling information from multiple databases.
- Appropriately delegate routine tasks for periods of absence (such as holidays) helping ensure deadlines are met and work continues as normal.
This job description is not exhaustive. It merely acts as a guide and may be amended to meet the changing requirements at any time, after discussion with the post holder.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Two years previous experience in a similar database role preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills and use of formulas to clean and prepare data files.
- Previous experience importing and exporting data from a CRM Database.
ABILITIES & SKILLS
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to learn new processes and systems quickly.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to adapt to new challenges and find solutions to problems.
- Good analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proven time-management and organisational skills.
- Good oral and verbal communication skills.
- Works with a high-level of ownership and takes personal responsibility for completing tasks on-time and accurately.
- Can be relied upon to ensure the work is completed accurately – appropriate checks are being performed.
- Able to work with clarity of thinking under pressure.
- A lively, flexible, friendly personality with a high level of commitment and dedication.
- A team player who cares about helping others to do their best.
- Desire to bring improvements and efficiencies to processes.
- Able to work responsibly without close supervision.
- The post-holder will need to be well presented and dedicated.
- The post-holder will work in a Christian environment and will deal with Christian organisations and Ministries for most of the time, therefore it will be necessary to have respect and sympathy with the Christian faith and its values.
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00am – 5:00pm (35 hours pw)
REPORTING TO: Team Leader, Database and Administration
SALARY: £23,000pa - £25,000pa (depending on skills and experience)
Closing date: 10th December 2018
Due to the number of applications we receive we cannot reply to unsuccessful candidates, therefore, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please accept that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Premier reserves the right to conduct interviews before the closing date for application
To apply please fill in the form below: