Senior Major Donor Fundraiser, Northern Ireland
“To enable people to put their faith at the heart of daily life and to bring Christ to their communities.”
JOB TITLE: Senior Major Donor Fundraiser
LOCATION: Home based
HOURS OF WORK: 35 per week
REPORTING TO: Director of Fundraising
PURPOSE OF ROLE
Working directly with the Director of Fundraising to deliver Premier’s Major Donor fundraising strategy.
This is a key income generation role for Premier, the UK’s leading Christian Media charity and will involve; relationship building with a wide range of supporters and stakeholders in Northern Ireland and beyond to secure long-term financial support for the charity.
This role will work within a small but dynamic fundraising team to build Premier’s Major Donor supporter base. Identifying and cultivating potential supporters of Premier through our expansive network of relationships, bringing supporters into committed giving programmes and raising funds for Premier’s Leap Of Faith special campaign which will raise funds to establish the first ever Centre of Digital Excellence for Christian Media in the UK.
A unique opportunity for a talented fundraiser, to expand their experience in an exciting media environment which will involve relationship building with high net worth individuals and through prestige events, working with audiences of brands such as Premier Christian Radio, Christianity magazine and Unbelievable?
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Be an engaging, empathetic and effective ambassador for Premier
• Contribute to the development of effective cases for support and wider fundraising materials to ensure integration of core messaging and strategic objectives Implement agreed Major Donor fundraising strategies
• Manage a portfolio of donors & prospects, in order to generate major gifts and multi-year pledges, through a mix of face-to-face and desk-based (phone) relationship building
• Establishing a pipeline of opportunity and delivering all aspects of the donor journey including research, cultivation, briefing, ask and stewardship phases for each prospect either in person or by the CEO, other senior colleagues, Board members or volunteer ambassadors
• Achieve donation targets by growing support from existing Major Donors, as well as identifying and securing new Major Donors in Northern Ireland & beyond, bringing them into a closer relationship with Premier
• Help organise and manage regular cultivation events for prospective donors
• Participate in cultivation events e.g. online events such as webinars and Zoom conferences, as well as in person events which could include parliamentary networking events, music events such as the Premier Gospel Awards, community awards ceremonies and a wide variety of conferencing events throughout the UK, with the aim of leveraging the events programme and content production to build a strong portfolio of relationships and/or in support of the wider fundraising programme
Reporting and Pipeline Development:
• Conduct ongoing desk-based research to qualify existing contacts, maximising on Premier’s extensive existing database
• Maintain a diary of prospect cultivation meetings
• Maintain accurate records of interactions with donors and volunteer leaders and regularly update a tracking system
• Deliver responsible fundraising as per the IOF Code of Practice, demonstrating a genuine duty of care for Premier’s supporter base.
To undertake any other reasonable tasks as required by the Director Of Fundraising.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Degree educated
• At least 4 years’ experience working in face to face donor cultivation which could be within Community, Corporate or Major Donor fundraising roles
• Good demonstrable experience in target driven roles
• Proven success in relationship building and creativity in approach, taking a prospect through to Major Donor status
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
• Institute of Fundraising accreditation (desirable but not essential)
• Familiarity with Raisers Edge (desirable but not essential)
ABILITIES & SKILLS
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – spoken, written & face-to-face
• Confident in relationship building with a natural ability to adapt appropriately to different audiences
• Highly developed organisational, administrative skills and the competency to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Proficient IT skills and related software packages
• Results driven but a team player
• Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
• Regional travel may be required so an ability & enthusiasm for travel is essential
• Ambitious and pro-active nature
• The post-holder will work within a Christian environment and therefore it will be necessary for the post-holder to have sympathy and understanding for the Christian faith
To apply please fill in the form below: