JOB TITLE: Customer Data Representative
LOCATION: Crowborough, East Sussex
HOURS OF WORK: Full-time: Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm
REPORTING TO: Data Operations Manager
SALARY: £21,500 pa
PURPOSE OF ROLE
Based in Premier’s Crowborough Office, you will join a friendly team to respond to the many aspects of Premier’s Customer Service needs across all brands. This will include everything from processing Direct Debit claims to magazine subscription support and shop queries. You will have an excellent telephone manner, strong data skills and confidence in Excel as well as physically able to pack boxes for courier collection on occasion. This is a varied role with lots of diversity to keep your interest and lots of opportunities to grow new skills.
- Gift processing: You will join the team’s regular gift processing schedule to claim Direct Debits, process gifts received in the post and record all gifts on the correct donor record in our fundraising database. You may process gifts manually or use an import template.
- Accurate records maintenance: You will help maintain accurate supporter records and make sure different engagement is correctly documented, such as programme membership, signups to campaigns, etc. Records may be updated one at a time or you may use an import template to process updates in bulk.
- Subscriptions: You will access our subscription database to run Direct Debit subscription claims, download and perform mail merges for administrative letters, amend records and respond to support queries.
- Shop orders: The Autumn is a very busy time for the Premier Christian Marketplace, but year-round you will receive queries from people purchasing items in the shop who need assistance. You will liaise with them and our fulfilment house to help resolve their query.
- Event tickets: When Premier has events, you will help process queries and may liaise with the events team or directly with the ticket holder to administer refunds, payments, complimentary tickets and website downloads.
- Queries: Provide a high level of care in responding efficiently and courteously to supporter queries/complaints received. You’ll investigate, liaise with other departments, and follow up, ensuring all enquirers receive a timely response.
- Despatch: Assist in fulfilment and mailing of letters, magazines and promotional items, including heavy bulk orders. Also handling/storing stock deliveries.
- Data tasks: Helping investigate specific challenges, perform data cleansing tasks, which may involve data manipulation in Excel and importing.
- As part of the wider database team, actively complete tasks as delegated via team rotas, document necessary activities on external lists (such as the complaints log) and participate in training (both giving and receiving).
- Perform such other duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require. This job description is not exhaustive. It merely acts as a guide and may be amended to meet the changing requirements at any time, after discussion with the post holder.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- GCSE grade B or above in English Language and Mathematics (preferred)
- Working knowledge of using Customer Relationship Management Systems.
- Extensive administrative experience.
- Customer service experience.
ABILITIES & SKILLS
- Excellent customer focus and strong listening skills.
- Able to manage time and tasks effectively.
- A clear, positive and pleasant telephone manner.
- The ability to handle even the most difficult customers with tact and patience.
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to learn processes quickly.
- Well-developed communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to work efficiently and with good attention to detail.
- Flexible approach and willingness to learn.
- Physically able to lift and carry heavy boxes of magazines etc.
- To be a positive and supportive member of the team, setting an example by your productivity, behaviours and attitude. Able to celebrate team achievements and encourage team spirit and togetherness.
- High level of commitment and dedication.
- The post-holder will work in a Christian environment. Therefore it will be necessary for the post-holder to have respect for the Christian faith, its values and be in sympathy with our organisational aims.