Job Title: Deputy Station Director
Location: London Office with an option of some remote (EC4R)
Hours of work: 35 per week
Reporting To: Director of Content
Salary: £40,000 per annum
Do you want to make a difference? Are you interested in a career where your work will impact the lives of thousands? Read on.
We’re looking for a dynamic and experienced radio enthusiast to work with the Director of Content across our radio networks reaching nearly 2 million listeners each week. This deputy role will involve supporting the radio teams across our speech and music networks, developing and delivery of editorial strands (broadcast and digital) supporting promotional campaigns and off course building audience reach and hours. You will be deeply involved in the sharing of inspirational stories, and positively impact the lives of listeners in a real way!
- Work with the radio leadership team in the overall development of breakfast, mid-morning, and other daytime shows as relevant
- Contributing to plans which will enable audience growth, listening hours and engagement
- Developing our ministry partnership area to increase profile and engagement
- Developing non-live speech content to increase profile and engagement
- Management and development of junior staff
- Support the development of and implement the editorial vision and policies
- Genuine understanding and interest in matters of the Christian faith, church, teaching and community in the UK (and outside would be an advantage)
- Strong interpersonal, management and communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong editorial judgement
- Bold and creative ideas with evidence of successful implementation
- Working experience in a broadcast or other media environment
- Working experience in broadcast/editing software is essential
- Working experience in using office, excel and teams is desirable
- Understanding the Ofcom Broadcast Code is essential
Post-holder will work in a Christian environment and will deal with Christian organisations, Christian Ministries, and Christian listeners, most of the time; therefore, it will be necessary for the post-holder to be a Christian, with a strong and lived Christian faith.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we cannot reply to unsuccessful candidates, therefore, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of your application please accept that on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Send your CV plus evidence of your work to [email protected]