JOB TITLE: Outbound Calling Representative
LOCATION: Crowborough Office
HOURS OF WORK: Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday: 12 pm – 8 pm
Monday: 11 am – 7 pm, Friday: 10 am – 6 pm
Saturdays: (2 per month) 11 am – 5:30 pm
Time off in lieu will be given for each Saturday worked.
SALARY: £24,035 per annum
REPORTING TO: Team Leader Crowborough
PURPOSE OF ROLE
This versatile and dynamic role is truly at the heart of Premier’s strategy to build long-lasting relationships with its supporters. Using your excellent telephone manner, you will seek to encourage, inform, and gain support for Premier’s ministries by phone. Whether it’s a new
Direct Debit donation or a new magazine subscription, you will take people further on their journey of engaging with our content and ministry.
- Use a hands-free click-to-dial system to make outbound phone calls to people who love Premier, people who are new to Premier, and everyone in between.
- Follow a Call Guide, with scripts to steer each conversation.
- Seeking to progress supporters’ giving journeys, you will ask for a regular monthly (Direct Debit) gift from someone who has given one off gifts previously, or ask someone to increase or reinstate their regular gift.
- Use time sensitive offers to obtain new magazine subscriptions or encourage current subscribers to renew.
- Securely add, update, and maintain financial details in accordance with data protection requirements.
- Ensure contact information and contact preferences are accurate and up to date.
- Secure permissions to contact people through as many channels as possible.
- Work towards Key Performance Indicators as agreed with your line manager.
- Maintain a clear, professional, and positive telephone manner, ensuring everyone is spoken to with respect and patience.
- Answer supporter queries accurately and honestly in line with our Christian values.
- Take care of all equipment issued by Premier.
- Occasionally receive incoming donation calls as supporters respond to appeals for gifts on the radio.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Five GCSEs (grade C or above) or equivalent, including English and Mathematics.
- Experience in telemarketing or fundraising is not essential but would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Team working experience
- Proven administration, multi-tasking, and prioritising skills
- IT literacy in Microsoft Office
- Friendly personality – naturally enjoys engaging with people
- High level of commitment and dedication
- Good telephone voice – communicates clearly with warmth and compassion
- Empathetic – instinctively knows how to relate and respond
- Brave – has the confidence to steer conversations and ask for financial support
- Resilient – not easily upset or discouraged
- Positive and self-motivated
- Willing to learn and quick to adapt
- Energetic and able to work in a busy, high-pressured environment
- The post-holder will work in a Christian environment. Therefore, it will be necessary for the post-holder to have respect for the Christian faith and its values, and be in sympathy with our organisational aims.