To be part of the team responsible for maintaining an efficient and accurate accounting function. To contribute to the successful operation of the Finance department by being responsible for the provision of high quality, timely financial management information to its business units.
- Produce monthly management accounts for PCMT, PCC and CCP by the sixth working day of the month. This includes: bank, credit card, sales ledger and purchase ledger reconciliation plus subscriptions and events & merchandise reconciliation and import.
- Responsible for reconciling the bank, purchase credit card and sales ledger receipts control account on a weekly basis.Ownership of the reconciliation of income postings derived from feeder systems and responsibility for the completeness of income accounting.
- Production of monthly department reports with variances to issue to budget holders.
- Process, post and reconcile the accruals and prepayments.
- Maintain the fixed asset register and process monthly depreciation.
- Responsible for the completeness and accuracy of all intercompany transactions within the group.
- Ownership of the reconciliation and action of all other control and balance sheet accounts.
- To support accurate coding of income & expenditure and assist in developing the understanding of financial reports by budget holders and other users.
- Production of ad-hoc reports, forecasts and budgets as required, including quarterly reports to PPL.
- To identify cost savings in the group in conjunction with the Director of Finance.
- Support the Director of Finance in any other finance related worked as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- CCAB qualified accountant.
- Proven experience of management accounts and reporting.
- Experience of management reporting in a commercial environment.
- Experience of importing & reconciliation to external databases.
- Experience of inter-company accounting and reconciliation.
ABILITIES & SKILLS
- Ability to identify improvements to systems and processes and to implement changes to them.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting systems, in particular Exchequer.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage time, multi-task and prioritise.
- Good inter-personal skills and a team player
- Persuasive written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and flexibility to handle multiple demands in a busy office and working to strict deadlines.
- High level of commitment and dedication.
- Committed to continuous professional development.
- The post-holder will work in a Christian environment. Therefore it will be necessary for the post-holder to have respect for the Christian faith, its values and be in sympathy with our organisational aims.
LOCATION: London (SW1)
HOURS OF WORK: Full-time: 35 hours per week
REPORTING TO: Director of Finance
COMPANY BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Premier is the UK’s leading Christian media house. We broadcast Premier Christian Radio nationwide on DAB digital radio, Freeview and online as well as Premier Gospel on DAB radio in London and online. We also publish magazines serving the Christian community, including Premier Christianity, in print and digital editions, as well as Premier Youthwork and Premier Childrenswork.
Our websites have a combined average monthly traffic of around 600,000 visits and provide on demand audio and video. Premier Lifeline: the national Christian helpline is one of the UK’s top 10 helplines by number of calls. Premier is wholly owned by the charity Premier Christian Media Trust.
We work in a fast-moving and demanding multimedia office environment, changing and reacting to news and technology by the day.
We look for lively, high performance individuals who are dedicated, willing and flexible.
Closing Date 20th March
Due to the number of applications we receive we cannot reply to unsuccessful candidates, therefore, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please accept that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Premier reserves the right to conduct interviews before the closing date for application.
To apply please fill in the form below: