Multimedia Journalist (Junior)
LOCATION: London (SW1) / remote working will be considered
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours pw
REPORTING TO: Head of News
CLOSING DATE: 24th July 2020
PURPOSE OF ROLE
To help Premier, the UK’s leading Christian media organisation, to continue to provide its unique brand of news through radio, magazines and online.
We cover around 3,000 stories a year so need a team who are willing to graft to find the issues which matter to our audience and then work creatively to tell them through our various platforms.
We have a goal of doubling our digital reach over the coming years so need a team ready to take us on that journey.
• Produce content for use on-air, online and print.
• Contribute stories to the forward planning diary.
• Assist in the planning and production of all news/current affairs/feature strands across platforms including packages, special reports and on-air radio programmes where required.
• Adhere to all media law and Ofcom guidelines.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A recognised journalism qualification
• Proven strong news judgement
• A good broadcast voice
• Good editorial skills in copy, headline writing and delivery
• Demonstrate determination, diplomacy and excellent interpersonal skills
ABILITIES & SKILLS
• Ability to work independently but also as part of a team.
• Be self-motivated and flexible.
• Able to work effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines.
• A good level of IT skills including audio, video or copy editing.
• Meet the established standards and contribute to the establishment of future internal guidelines.
• A proven interest and understanding of matters of the Christian church and faith.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we cannot reply to unsuccessful candidates, therefore, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please accept that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Premier reserves the right to conduct interviews before the closing date for application.
To apply please fill in the form below: