To generate editorial from the region into London, act as a local church liaison in Central England.
- Actively seek news stories from Central England region and alert Production Department.
- Conduct interviews on editorial stories or line up for London – this recognises the value to the region and local church of regional coverage and how it can open up further access to churches/ diocese by developing the trust and two-way relationship.
- Liaise with local press to place relevant Premier features.
- Work in conjunction with Communication Officers to increase awareness of Premier.
- Maintain and generate material on Central England web pages.
- Continually liaise with Programme Director/ Deputy Programme Director on all editorial matters.
- Report weekly on editorial.
- Liaise with local churches and Cathedrals to facilitate Outside Broadcasts of Carol Services and other services from within Central England region for broadcast on Premier radio platforms.
Local Church and Events Liaison
- Meet/communicate with local church leaders to create promotional opportunities for Premier in Central England.
- Maintain an information flow to local church leaders on a regular basis.
- Increase the distribution of Voice of Hope in the Region.
- Continually liaise with the Deputy CEO on all local church and event relations.
- Report weekly on Church Liaison.
- Engage with churches through social media.
- Negotiate with large and small festivals, events, bible weeks to achieve distribution of Premier Christianity, and Premier Youth & Children’s Work magazines into them. For large events, the aim is to achieve 500 – 6,000 distribution of one issue of Premier Christianity extended print run editions. Small events to achieve 30- 500 copies of Premier Christianity or Youth & Children’s Work aiming to use up reserve copies from standard issue print runs.
- Explore launching geographically localised occasional e-sends so when a local story is covered by Premier we inform the locality of the coverage. The aim is to grow multiple localised e-send lists.
- Create and build a database of volunteers (could include Fundraisers, Lifeliners, Prayer Partners etc.)
- Assuming funding is found, provide training and line manage any follow up Reconnect projects following the successful Pilot in Central England.
- Follow up Radiothon comments by donors by phoning donors to invite testimonies about how Premier Christian radio, Premier Praise, Premier Gospel, Premier Christianity, Youth& Children’s Work, Lifeline or other Premier projects/platforms have helped them grow in their faith. These testimonies are to be edited for broadcast during and in the lead up to Radiothons and to also provide written transcripts for publication in Voice of Hope and other fundraising letters.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of the local area.
- Strong leadership that models Premiers values, inspires others, seeks opportunities for innovation and strengthens and encourages others.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills - written and oral.
- A strategic thinker with high level problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Excellent word processing and IT skills.
- Able to work effectively under pressure.
- Outstanding presentation, persuasion and negotiation skills.
Closing Date: 30th March.
To download the full job description click here.
To apply for the role please fill in the form below.
Due to the number of applications we receive we cannot reply to unsuccessful candidates, therefore, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please accept that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Premier reserves the right to conduct interviews before the closing date for application.