PURPOSE OF ROLE
This role exists to be the internal lead on the use of Premier’s broadcast systems, including studio desks and playout system. The post holder will work to ensure the content team are using systems effectively and when necessary provide or arrange training. They will be the first point of call for issues encountered in the day-to-day use of broadcast systems, including issues out of hours that are broadcast critical. They will liaise with internal and external technical support on issues that need to be escalated. As a key member of the content team they will also undertake an number of other production and scheduling tasks as needed.
- To be the ‘power user’ of Premier’s broadcast systems and act as a centre of knowledge for other team members.
- Train new-members of staff in use of broadcast systems.
- Identify and arrange training, in coordination with HR, for existing team members where necessary.
- Be the first point of call for team members experiencing technical issues with broadcast systems. Including out of hours for broadcast critical issues.
- Liaise with internal and external technical support on issues that need to be escalated.
- Planning and support for outside broadcasts including tech-op support.
- Studio op support for live/remote shows where required.
- Support log production, music scheduling, special logs (seasonal), silences, promo scheduling, clock changes and rotations where required.
- Support the rotation of promos where required.
- Support the process of archiving media files where required.
- To ensure that Premier’s commitment to quality and equality in both dealing with members of staff and the general public is delivered at all times.
- To ensure that Company’s health & safety & data protection policies are adhered and practiced at all times.
This job description is not exhaustive. It merely acts as a guide and may be amended to meet the changing requirements at any time after discussion with the post holder.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of broadcast systems and the live broadcast environment, ideally within radio.
- Familiarity with broadcast systems e.g. Zetta, Burli and Axia digital desks
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Photoshop and other regularly used applications.
- Excellent team working skills.
ABILITIES & SKILLS
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Quick learner of technical systems.
- Calm and confident manner in pressurised situations.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Excellent negotiation skills combined with flexibility.
- Proven administration, multi-tasking, and prioritising and organisational skills.
- Able to work under pressure & good time keeping.
High level of commitment and dedication.
The post holder will work in a Christian environment, therefore it will be necessary for the post-holder to have respect for the Christian faith, its values and be in sympathy with our organisational aims.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we cannot reply to unsuccessful candidates, therefore, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please accept that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.