PURPOSE OF ROLE
Premier encompasses 2 national and 1 London area radio station broadcasting on DAB, Medium Wave, Freeview and online. You will be responsible for ensuring the maintenance and support of Premier’s broadcast infrastructure, as well as responding to faults and providing technical support to users. You will be the lead for broadcast technology support, working alongside general IT support and project management colleagues with the technology team. You will work with external consultants and companies providing specialist broadcast technology services.
- Liaise with the Director of Content and Station Directors on broadcast technology support, maintenance and projects.
- Quickly respond to broadcast critical faults and resolve to ensure minimal interruption to planned programming.
- Create and implement preventative maintenance procedures to minimise technical issues.
- Ensure systems are thoroughly documented and standard operating procedures.
- Train users on how to use key applications and systems.
- Ensure outside and remote broadcasts are successfully delivered by liaising with teams to choose appropriate technology and ensure high quality broadcast from remote location.
- Assist with testing and deploying new broadcast applications and systems.
- Liaise with broadcast technology providers on maintenance, support and project work.
- Be on-call for out of hours broadcast critical faults.
- Escalate support issues to relevant third-parties and partners.
- Ensure work is conducted thoroughly, neatly and methodically at all times
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with specialist audio equipment including Axia desks, RCS playout systems and other RCS applications e.g. GSelector
- Working knowledge of IT hardware and systems
- Electronics maintenance e.g. soldering skills, fault finding, etc.
- Broadcast automation and device control
- Media management and workflow
- A few years work experience in a broadcast engineering environment
ABILITIES & SKILLS
- Able to work under pressure
- A confident, ambitious self-starter
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills with the ability to build strong rapport
- with a diverse set of people
- Ability to work creatively and professionally independently
- Able to work with clarity of thinking under pressure
- A lively, flexible, friendly personality with a high level of commitment and dedication
- A team worker
- The post-holder will work in a Christian environment and will deal with Christian organisations and Ministries for most of the time, therefore it will be necessary to have respect and sympathy with the Christian faith and its values.
- The post-holder should be able to work responsibly without close supervision and have a flexible approach
- The post-holder will need to be well presented and dedicated
- The post-holder will abide by the organisational Health & Safety and Equal
- Opportunity Policy at all times.