JOB TITLE: Customer Data Representative
LOCATION: Crowborough Office (TN6 3DZ)
HOURS OF WORK: Full-time: Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
REPORTING TO: Data Operations Manager
SALARY: £23,268 per annum
Do you have great telephone skills, high attention to detail, and more than a basic grasp of Excel? Do you prefer a busy and varied working day?
We are looking for a multi-skilled and motivated team player to join our friendly office-based team, mixing customer service with data tasks and more.
You will be part of a team responding to the many aspects of Premier’s Customer Service needs across all brands. This will include everything from processing Direct Debit claims to magazine subscription support and shop queries. You will have an excellent telephone manner, strong data skills and confidence in Excel as well as be able to pack boxes for courier collection on occasion. This is a varied role with lots of diversity to keep your interest and lots of opportunities to grow new skills.
- Claim Direct Debits, process gifts received in the post and record all gifts on the correct donor record in our fundraising database. You may process gifts manually or use an import template.
- Maintain accurate supporter records and make sure different engagement is correctly documented, such as programme membership, signups to campaigns, etc. Records may be updated one at a time or you may use an import template to process updates in bulk.
- Access Premier’s subscription database to run Direct Debit subscription claims, download and perform mail merges for administrative letters, amend records, and respond to support queries.
- Autumn is a very busy time for the Premier Christian Marketplace, but year-round you will receive queries from people purchasing items in the shop who need assistance. You will liaise with them and our fulfilment house to help resolve their query.
- Process event ticket queries and liaise with the events team or directly with the ticket holder to administer refunds, payments, complimentary tickets, and website downloads.
- Provide a high level of care in responding efficiently and courteously to supporter queries/complaints received.
- Assist in the fulfilment and mailing of letters, magazines, and promotional items, including heavy bulk orders. Also handling/storing stock deliveries.
- Help investigate specific challenges, and perform data cleansing tasks, which may involve data manipulation in Excel and import.
- As part of the wider database team, you will actively complete tasks as delegated via team rotas, document necessary activities on external lists (such as the complaints log) and participate in training (both giving and receiving).
Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Excellent customer focus and strong listening skills.
- Able to manage time and tasks effectively.
- A clear, positive, and pleasant telephone manner.
- The ability to handle even the most difficult customers with tact and patience.
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to learn processes quickly.
- Well-developed communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to work efficiently and with good attention to detail.
- Flexible approach and willingness to learn.
- Physically able to lift and carry heavy boxes of magazines etc.
Qualifications and Experiences:
- GCSE grade B or above in English Language and Mathematics (preferred).
- Working knowledge of using Customer Relationship Management Systems.
- Extensive administrative experience.
- Customer service experience.
The post-holder will work in a Christian environment. Therefore, it will be necessary for the post-holder to have respect for the Christian faith, and its values and be in sympathy with our organisational aims.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, we cannot reply to unsuccessful candidates, therefore, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of your application, please accept that on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful